Westover Library's collection includes resources specifically tailored for children and educators. Languages spoken by the staff include Spanish, Estonian and French.
The original Westover Library opened in 1949, when it occupied two apartments at the corner of Washington Boulevard and Longfellow Street. In 1963, a split-level structure at 1800 N Lexington St - designed by the same architects who did both Cherrydale and the Central Library building - became the first official Westover Branch Library building. The current Westover Library/Reed School, at 1644 N. McKinley Rd opened to the public on October 30, 2009.